Chrysler Repair/transmission leak

my 2004 sebring convertible has a transmission leak. had the gaskets replaced and hoses tightened.the place said it can drop fluid due to condensation? its hard to trust anyone with your car these days. there was a flat metal piece in the pan the size of a bb or smaller even. it couldve been there for years.when they replaced gaskets i dont think they changed fluid.its seems like it doesnt leak until the engine starts cause ive wiped the floor after the car is parked and no drops til the car leaves next that possible? thanks for any help. steve

Hi Steve,
Is the transmission behaving properly? If not, what is it doing wrong?
How much transmission fluid are you using (how far *miles" before you need to add fluid, and how much do you need to add?)
The fluid is pressurized by a pump when the engine is running, but is not under pressure otherwise. So if there are no leaks overnight, then presumably it is a leak from some component which is under pressure, such as a hose.
I would try to locate the leak by noting where the drips appear to originate on the floor and then lifting the vehicle or put it on ramps at the same position and looking upward to identify the leak source.
I too have issues with leaks, but the amount being lost/per distance travelled needs to be considered. I did find some leakage around the trans oil pan which I reduced/eliminated by tighten the bolts, but you have to not exceed the torque limits for the size of bolt or you will be in much more trouble if you break one of the bolts.
No car is likely to be totally free of leakage as it approaches 10 years of age.  I suspect if the gasket of the oil pan(s) was replaced that probably they did not put back in the old fluid, but the receipt would show how much you were charged for fluids were that the case. I am not certain what they meant by condensation.
Let me know if you have further answers to my questions.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).