Chrysler Repair/Transmission oil cooler line on 1998 Sebring convertible

Hi Roland, I have a question for you about my 1998 Sebring convertible, 2.5L V6.  I need to replace one of the transmission oil cooler lines, the longer one (steel tube) that runs along the bottom of the radiator to the other side.  I can see where the lines are hose-clamped to the transaxle, but I can't really get to them.  My arms won't fit in there.  Do you have any suggestions on the best way to do this job?  If I work from below I will have to do it by feel since I won't see anything.  I could remove the PCM, fusebox, etc, but I doubt that's what the dealership would do, would they?  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks,

Hi Bill,
As regards the oil cooler hose connections to the transaxle, in the manual where the removal of the trans is described, the process begins by removing the - post connector at the left strut tower to eliminate any risk of electrical shorts, then remove the air cleaner duct, then remove the transmission control module and its plug (this is inboard of the power distribution center), remove the wire plug connector on the solenoid pack of the transmission, remove the dipstick tube, then finally remove the trans oil cooler lines. Take a look at that as the possible way to go.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).