Chrysler Repair/Transmission oil cooler line on 1998 Sebring convertible

Question
Hi Roland, I have a question for you about my 1998 Sebring convertible, 2.5L V6.  I need to replace one of the transmission oil cooler lines, the longer one (steel tube) that runs along the bottom of the radiator to the other side.  I can see where the lines are hose-clamped to the transaxle, but I can't really get to them.  My arms won't fit in there.  Do you have any suggestions on the best way to do this job?  If I work from below I will have to do it by feel since I won't see anything.  I could remove the PCM, fusebox, etc, but I doubt that's what the dealership would do, would they?  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks,

Bill

Answer
Hi Bill,
As regards the oil cooler hose connections to the transaxle, in the manual where the removal of the trans is described, the process begins by removing the - post connector at the left strut tower to eliminate any risk of electrical shorts, then remove the air cleaner duct, then remove the transmission control module and its plug (this is inboard of the power distribution center), remove the wire plug connector on the solenoid pack of the transmission, remove the dipstick tube, then finally remove the trans oil cooler lines. Take a look at that as the possible way to go.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston