Chrysler Repair/'02 Town & Country Speedometer

Helping a friend sell her '02 T&C Van -- Odometer works but speedometer doesn't move at all.  (Can't be registered to new owner with speedometer not working.) She says that it has been this way for nearly a year.  Read the comments re: an '01 -- any thing else of note on the '02...?
-- Jim

Hi Jim,
The following is from the '02 manual:
Have you tried the cluster fault code and calibration procedure?
With the key off, press and hold the odometer reset button,
Turn the key to the 'run' position and continuing holding the reset button until Sof appears in the odo window
Then release the button and wait.
See if any numbers that are 4 digit appear in the odo window. Then watch the cluster to do a calibration test; The first test should be that the speedo should shouw 0, 20, 60, 100 then other units will be tested. If the speedo doesn't respond then check that fuse 24 is good, and you could verify that 12v from that fuse is appearing on pin 6 of the cluster plug and that pim 13 of the plug is grounded. If all that is true, then the cluster needs to be replaced.
One other possibility would be to open the cluster and examine the circuit board in the area where the speedo is located, identify a couple of solder joints associated with the speedo and reheat those with a soldering pencil as one of them might by a 'cold/cracked' joint.
Let me know if you get any code numbers on the odometer.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).