Chrysler Repair/'09 grand caravan: engine shuts off while idling/accelerating

Question
hi I have a 2009 grand caravan. it has started to shut off while idling and also when  you start accelerating. it's a clean shut off if as you were turning the key off. there is a code that shows the crankshaft sensor. which I he replaced and it still turns off

Answer
Hi Chris,
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute to erase the earlier code, then run it until it dies again and then check for whether the 0320 code is back. Let me know.
The other possible cause of your problem is the exhaust gas recirculation valve. When it gets gummed up internally it may not close tightly on its own accord (via internal spring-action) when you slow to a stop/idle or when you accelerate. If the valve is slightly ajar at those moments the mixture is too lean to sustain the engine. So take a look at the valve and spray some WD-40 on the valve stem that is seen through a slot in the side of the valve to try and loosen up the action.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston