Chrysler Repair/'09 grand caravan: engine shuts off while idling/accelerating

hi I have a 2009 grand caravan. it has started to shut off while idling and also when  you start accelerating. it's a clean shut off if as you were turning the key off. there is a code that shows the crankshaft sensor. which I he replaced and it still turns off

Hi Chris,
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute to erase the earlier code, then run it until it dies again and then check for whether the 0320 code is back. Let me know.
The other possible cause of your problem is the exhaust gas recirculation valve. When it gets gummed up internally it may not close tightly on its own accord (via internal spring-action) when you slow to a stop/idle or when you accelerate. If the valve is slightly ajar at those moments the mixture is too lean to sustain the engine. So take a look at the valve and spray some WD-40 on the valve stem that is seen through a slot in the side of the valve to try and loosen up the action.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).