Chrysler Repair/2000 chrysler cirrus random misfire

Question
Hi
I have a 2000 chrysler cirrus with the 6 cyclinder, 88k miles in good shape.  I just put new head gaskets on as well as champion plugs, dist cap and rotor plus associated items.  the engine runs perfect, no problems.

I got the cel come on so i connected up the scanner.

I have an otc genisys scanner/scope and got the p0300 random along with a misfire on all cylinders.  If i reset the code it comes on after about 50 or so miles.  it will show a pending code p0300 at some point before it triggers the cel light.  like i said nothing is noted of any issue with the engine performance, milage, etc.

what is crazy is sometimes on the scanner while driving it shows the misfires on each cylinder is 0 and then sometimes it goes to 100's, 1000's and more misfires per cylinder bouncing all over the place, sometimes 32,000.

the dis signal on the scanner bounces from cam+crank to none.
the current sync goes from lost to ok back changing
the crank signal and cam sensor go from yes to no.

it seems like there is erroneous data being shown that if were true the engine wouldn't run let alone perfectly like it is.  any suggestion where the issue could be that would show the information and cel?

thanks for any suggestions

Answer
Hi Chris,
What is the "dis signal", and what is the "current synch"?
I would suspect that either the cam or the crank sensor is beginning to fail when it gets hot. Based on how the readouts look you could try replacing one of those two sensors to see if that corrects the problem. The engine 'miss' criterion is fairly strict (1%) so you might not be able to sense the problem at this point. However the vary high rates you saw are clearly noticeable if true.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that,
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston