Chrysler Repair/2012 chrysler mini van: rear door won't close

Question
rear door opened and I went to close it snapped the drive chain. after repairing it will cycle in the open mode and work fine but the motor will not go in reverse to close it will still try to open and snap chain. got any fixes   thanks john

Answer
Hi John,
The power sliding door and the liftgate (which is giving you the 'rear door' problem, wasn't clear to me) systems are operated by ditigtal electronic control modules which have diagnostic capabilities. It is likely that the module in question has at least one fault code stored in its memory which when determined will likely direct you to the specific problem as to why it won't close. So the first step in repair is to use a fault code scanner which plugs into a socket in the cabin, under the dash near the steering column, to determine what fault code(s) related to the failed door are on file. Then lookup the code in the repair manual for direction as to what is the solution. You may be able to get a free fault code readout at a nationwide auto parts store, such as Autozone, or at an independent garage for around $40, or at a dealer for probably about $80. Ask for the code number, code name, and if they have a suggestion as to how to approach correcting the situation. Then let me know what you learned and we can go forward using the '10 manual that I have. It would just be guessing or throwing parts at the problem, so to do otherwise which gets to be expensive.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston