Chrysler Repair/'98 jeep sports won't start

Question
Hi my jeep starts every now and then but then it has the key light lite up and it just turns over and my airbag light stays on and Iv noticed the fuel pump runs contanly and on my dash nothin seems to work it's like the immobilser is stayin on any idea on fixin it would be great

Answer
Hi Jason,
I don't have the manual for Jeep's of that vintage but if it is like the other Chrysler cars then I would try to get a fault code from the engine control module by using the ignition key: turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage (kilometer) reading be replaced by a 4 digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what it is. If that doesn't work then try it again but this time watch the check engine light which remains "on" to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts and let me know what they are.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.
Roland  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston