Chrysler Repair/'99 Concorde: no start

1999 Concorde 3.2L. Will not start.I installed a Airtex fuel pump. It came with a strainer. Is a strainer and a filter the same? If not do I need a filter and could that be the reason for the vehicle not starting?

Hi Leon,
I doubt that strainer/filter issue is causing any problem.
Try using the ignition key to get any fault codes that might be stored in the powertrain control module that would explain what is causing the no start: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer to see the mileage reading change to show a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know than number and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).