Chrysler Repair/'99 Concorde: no start

Question
1999 Concorde 3.2L. Will not start.I installed a Airtex fuel pump. It came with a strainer. Is a strainer and a filter the same? If not do I need a filter and could that be the reason for the vehicle not starting?

Answer
Hi Leon,
I doubt that strainer/filter issue is causing any problem.
Try using the ignition key to get any fault codes that might be stored in the powertrain control module that would explain what is causing the no start: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer to see the mileage reading change to show a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know than number and we'll go from there.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston