Chrysler Repair/brake lights: '00 T&C

I have a 2000 2000 Chrysler town and country lx with 3.3l flex fuel vin G there are no break lights working. where would I go to look for the problem first

Hi Elbert,
There is a 20 amp fuse in the power box in the engine compartment, #13, and it has the purpose of providing power to the brake lights via the brake lamp switch located near the brake pedal.
So start by checking fuse #13 for being blown or having a subtle crack in its wire (temporarily substitute a different 20 amp fuse and see if that corrects the problem). If a known good fuse doesn't correct the problem then the brake lamp switch may be out or adjustment or failed. It is possible that a wire in the circuit is disconnected but that is the least likely cause of this problem. Let me know if a replacement fuse doesn't correct this.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).