Chrysler Repair/Code 54: 3.5L '95

Question
I did the self diagnostic on my 95 Concorde 24 valve, 3.5L..... The code I came up with was. Flash pause, flash flash pause. 5 more flashes pause 4 flashes then pause,the 55 at the end which from wat I read means dat it was successful. I understand that the 12 means the battery was disconnected within the past 50 key turns. But my question is about my middle 2 numbers. Which is the 5,4 do I put them together which would give me 54??? Is that wat code I look for?? (Find)

Answer
Hi Pharaoh,
Yes, the 54 code means that the camshaft position sensor's signal is absent. So if the engine is not starting and running that sensor needs to be replaced.
The sensor is installed in the timing case cover (above the left side (round) cam sprocket cover, near the thermostat housing and temp sensor. It has a plug and is held in place by a screw. Leave the new unit's paper spacer on the tip of the sensor, insert the sensor and press gently till it comes in contact with the hidden cam sprocket, hold it in contact, and tighten in place with the screw.
That should solve your problem.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston