Chrysler Repair/code-P0500 and p1698

what does the code P1698 means?

Hi Claudius,
The 1698 code typically means the digital data signal that is sent out by the electronic transmission is not being received at the instrument cluster. It may simply be a poor connection of one of the wires that carry that signal, typically at the joint between the closter socket and the cluster circuit board. That would be corroborated by there being a 0500 code meaning no speed sensor signal reaching the cluster because that is one of the signals that is carried by that digital data signal. If you will tell me the year, model of the vehicle I should be able to point you toward the specific wires that may be involved.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).