Chrysler Repair/Mini-Trip Computer: ambient temp shows 0 C

1999 Town and Country

The temperature has become stuck on " OC " .   No info. in manual for a remedy.

Hi Jerry,
The reading of 0 C means the wiring between the temp sensor and the overhead console is 'open'.
I would start at the sensor, located behind the front bumper and mounted on the lower edge of the panel which surrounds the radiator. It has a twisted pair of wires (black/light blue  and violet/light green) and may be simply unplugged or the harness could have been damaged. The plug is gray in color. If that checks out then you will need to check all the way to the console to find the problem. It could be that the sensor itself is 'open', which means it would read infinite ohms across its contacts.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).