Chrysler Repair/Neon 2001 2.0 not starting

My 2001 Neon 2.0 lx just won't start. It had a oil pressure problem because the oil pick up pipe was sludge blocked. We cleaned up oil sump and out new filters but it just cranks. The crank and cam sensors were tested and they are good but there is no spark. The coil pack was tested too and its good. This car just switched off whilst driving and now wont start.

Hi Kenneth,
Try using the ignition key to get a fault code readout of the engine controller. Turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the mileage window in the cluster to see the mileage be replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Then let me know the number and we'll go from there to find the problem.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).