Chrysler Repair/p0600 and p1698

I have a 96 Grand Caravan SE,  3.3L . It has been throwing a p1698 and p0600 codes intermittently for a few years. There is a bit of back story, but I want to provide you with everything that may be pertinent.

The car has an intermittent problem of stalling on turns, but only in the summer.

The ABS light is on.

The instrument panel was functioning incorrectly:
   reporting speed at 5mph when the car was idling
   Sometimes not coming on at all with the car.
I replaced the cluster with one from the junkyard have had no problems with the instruments since.

The vehicle has posted codes before that relate to poor transmission fluid pressure, but were cleared and did not come back.

I checked the voltage at the OBD2 port, as the link below advises, and it returned 2.5v, give or take .2v.

What else should I check before buying a refurbished PCM?

Hi John
If the 0600 code is consistently present or disappears and then returns regularly I would replace the PCM now. The 1698 could of course be due to the 0600, but check the continuity of the CCD+ and CCD- wires between the TCM and the PCM. That 0600 has no significant other possibilities than an internal PCM failure. Thanks for the extensive history and it will be interesting to see what is residual with a replacement PCM installed.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).