Chrysler Repair/p0600 and p1698

Question
I have a 96 Grand Caravan SE,  3.3L . It has been throwing a p1698 and p0600 codes intermittently for a few years. There is a bit of back story, but I want to provide you with everything that may be pertinent.

The car has an intermittent problem of stalling on turns, but only in the summer.

The ABS light is on.

The instrument panel was functioning incorrectly:
   reporting speed at 5mph when the car was idling
   Sometimes not coming on at all with the car.

I replaced the cluster with one from the junkyard have had no problems with the instruments since.

The vehicle has posted codes before that relate to poor transmission fluid pressure, but were cleared and did not come back.

I checked the voltage at the OBD2 port, as the link below advises, and it returned 2.5v, give or take .2v.

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/828uf-p1698-p0600-code-dodge-caravan.html

What else should I check before buying a refurbished PCM?

Answer
Hi John
If the 0600 code is consistently present or disappears and then returns regularly I would replace the PCM now. The 1698 could of course be due to the 0600, but check the continuity of the CCD+ and CCD- wires between the TCM and the PCM. That 0600 has no significant other possibilities than an internal PCM failure. Thanks for the extensive history and it will be interesting to see what is residual with a replacement PCM installed.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston