Chrysler Repair/Relay: Sebring LX '02

Question
I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX, it died on me while driving.  I had power but car would not start.  I was told that is was the starter/fuel pump relay under the hood and very expensive to fix, but that they could install a on/off switch so that I can turn it off when it will be sitting over night.  
Does this sound right?

Answer
Hi Shannon,
It is not clear to me exactly what is wrong and why the off-on switch would solve the problem. Is this the coupe model Sebring, and is it the 2.4 or 3.0L engine?
What relay would the on-off switch control? There is definitely one starter relay, and then one (or two possibly) fuel pump relays so I can't understand exactly what is wrong, and what relay circuit is proposed to be modified rather than replaced/repaired, and how much do they want to charge you to do this?

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston