Chrysler Repair/starter motor removal: '00 minivan

I am trying to replace my starter in my 2000 chrysler voyages se 3.3L engine and I can't get it out. I have removed the 2 bolts and everything is disconnected. It won't budge. I have tried hitting with a hammer to loosen it and it hasn't budged an inch.

Hi Christina,
The '98 and '02 manuals that I have for the Voyager are identical as regards the starter motor removal on the 3.3L engine so I am sure they would apply to your '00.
The one thing I notice is that rather than "2 bolts" that you mentioned the manual shows there to be 3 bolts that attach the motor to the bell housing on the "business end"  of the motor. Two bolts appear to be close to one another and separated from the third bolt. Look again to find a third bolt that holds the motor to the engine in that same location.
Please read the "PS" (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).