Chrysler Repair/starter motor removal: '00 minivan

Question
I am trying to replace my starter in my 2000 chrysler voyages se 3.3L engine and I can't get it out. I have removed the 2 bolts and everything is disconnected. It won't budge. I have tried hitting with a hammer to loosen it and it hasn't budged an inch.

Answer
Hi Christina,
The '98 and '02 manuals that I have for the Voyager are identical as regards the starter motor removal on the 3.3L engine so I am sure they would apply to your '00.
The one thing I notice is that rather than "2 bolts" that you mentioned the manual shows there to be 3 bolts that attach the motor to the bell housing on the "business end"  of the motor. Two bolts appear to be close to one another and separated from the third bolt. Look again to find a third bolt that holds the motor to the engine in that same location.
Please read the "PS" (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston