Chrysler Repair/tire size incorrect?

I have a 2000 chrysler voyages se 3.3L. The front tire on the drivers side is making a weird noise. The tire blew while driving. When I changed it the old tire had a wear ring around the entire tire that looked like it was rubbing up against something. It just suddenly started doing. I have never had this problem before. We have had the car for over a year. The new tire is making the same noise. Could we have the wrong size tire? What size should we have? What else could it be?

Hi Christina,
There is a tire pressure label on the door frame of the driver's door which states what tire size the vehicle came with and what the recommended tire pressure is for that size of tire. It is located on the lower rear corner of the door opening.
It may be that a former owner increased the tire size such that it is coming in contact with part of the inner fender body work. I think if you go to a tire shop the technicians there will be able to notice if the tires are too large of if there has been some damage to the nearby metal work that is causing this interference to occur. Without being there to see/inspect it myself it is difficult to give you competent advice. But do find that tire pressure chart on the door frame, when you open the door, and compare the size shown with the size on your current tires.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks for doing that.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).