Chrysler Repair/'07 Pacifica vanity and dome lights

Hi Roland, I am working on a 2007 Pacifica 4.0L. Someone has re-fitted a sun visor at some time and put a screw through the wires. None of the lights that are fed from terminal 7 of the C3 body control module work. The Yellow/Lt Blue wire that feeds these lamps is dead at the BCM. There are no fuses blown, as I can see. Could the BCM just have shut this circuit down because of the short? If so, how can I fix the problem?

Hi Richard,
Those lights are called "rail" lights and as you know they are numerous. However I would check the continuity of the yellow/light blue wire from the plug at the BCM to any of the far ends of that wire to be certain that all of the wires from the plug, thru a multi-wire splice, and then to the light plugs are good. If so, then because there is not a single fuse just for the yellow/light blue wire, then I suspect that the bcm has been damaged at the rail driver circuit inside of it. Probably the bcm will need to be replaced unless you can open it and find the burned out component and replace it.
Please let me know what you learn and how it is resolved.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).