Chrysler Repair/1998 Chrysler Concorde LXI: no start when very cold

Question
When ever the ambient Temperature drops below 15 degrees F the Vehicle will start and run for only a few seconds then die. If you turn the key off and try again the same thing happens. It is not posting a engine warning light or any codes.
Once the temperature rises above 15 degrees F it starts and runs flawlessly. It has 39,000 miles on it. I have changed the fuel pump relay with no change in the problem.

Answer
Hi Alan,
If there are no fault codes, a hard start could be due to a faulty sensor which is not so bad as to set a code, or it could be due to an exhaust gas recirculation valve which is sluggish and not closing tightly which it needs to be to start well. That would also cause a sluggish acceleration were that the case.
It would be good as well to clean both sides of the throttle body butterfly plate as well as the adjacent idle air intake passageway with solvent.
The engine coolant temp sensor should read more than 4,000 ohms when cold; it is located near the thermostat housing.
Those are some ideas.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston