Chrysler Repair/2002 Voyager Ignition switch question.

Hi, and thanks in advance.  Down to business:
Car has been increasingly hard to energize starter.  Ignition key was first place I looked (quite loose and worn, but seems functional.)  Removed cyclinder; inside, a (centering pin? mated to hole in cylinder was broken, as well as another part w/spring.  Replaced cylinder, and now key does turn off but will not rotate to removal position.  On other side of column, plastic ignition switch seems normal.  Both cylinder and switch are available in aftermarket.  What connects the two does not seem to be?

Question: Am I looking at a serious expenditure for whatever gizmo is wrapped around the steering column, and/or dealer service, or, in the best-world scenario, is there a "pin" of some kind connecting key cylinder with plastic ignition switch that dispatches the current on the other side?

Again: 2002 Chrysler Voyager LX, 3.3 gas

Hi Allen,
The key cylinder has an actuator shaft at the "business" end of it that mates with the ignition switch. You may not have the actuator shaft on the end which could have broken off and now resides in the ignition switch mating hole. You will need a new cylinder and then if the shaft piece is still in the switch hole you will need to get that out.
Let me copy the pages from the '04 manual, which I will verify are identical as your '02, which shows all the details and send them to you as an attachment to an email. Tell me your email address but don't use the @, instead use "at" or the address will be erased automatically.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
PS Ask a new question and check the box to make it "private". Then tell me your email address using "at". The '04 pages are identical to the '02 pages so they will be helpful to you.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).