Chrysler Repair/2005 Chrysler 300C: closeout panel

Does the air deflector under the radiator and front part of the engine need to be replaced?  Mine has fallen down so many times.  It's still attached across the front.  But, further back I just have it tied to the cross-frame underneath, but still it droops.  Can I just take it off or should I replace it?  I've read where some cars can do without them.  Does mine protect the oil pan from road damage? Thank you!

Hi Jack,
I can't know for certain but if it is designed to protect the oil pan I would try to keep it attached and removing it might modify the air flow for cooling in high temp days.
All I could learn about it is that it may be called the "lower engine closeout panel" and may protect parts in that area from debris. There are fasteners that were designed to hold it in place, so check at the dealer for those.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).