Chrysler Repair/'99 LHS A/C: compressor doesn't cycle

Question
I recently recharged my a/c after not having it for several years.  It works fine; but I noticed the compressor stays on all the time.  My qustionn for u is...is this a normal thing with this type of car?  The hi/low fans work. The pressure is about 50 on low side. I used to be a mechanic many years ago and remember the ac clutch would cycle on/off with cooling fan.  Other than that basic question it works fine.   Thnks...steve

Answer
Hi Stephen,
On simple AC setting the compressor will cycle depending upon the temperature setting you have chosen so it would not run constantly. On 'defrost' setting I believe that it will operate the compressor continuously with stopping. So see if that is the reason.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston