Chrysler Repair/air door actuator in a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe

Question
Hi Roland, I am trying to replace the air door actuator in a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Coupe 4 cyl vin G. I bought a Chiltons manual online that is far from geared to the normal do it yourselfer!! Where is it located and what do I have to remove to get to it?  I have almost all of the dash out but cant seem to get it all. I even have the passenger seat removed and the middle console loose. I also removed the middle cluster including the radio and heater controls.

The original problem that got me to this point is that when controls are in the heating position I get almost no heat. What little heat I do get is on the passengers side but not enough to make a difference and the drivers side floor is all cold air. when running A/C it is adequate at best but not what it should be.  Please help me!!!

Answer
Hi Matt,
I have the '04 manual on a CD from which I can copy pages and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. It appears to be identical to what I have on hard copy of the '00 unit, with a few differences in what is shown specifically rather than in the units themselves. It appears that the blend air door is operated by a cable, not an electric actuator.
Tell me your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be erased automatically.
Also to the heat problem, have you checked whether the two hoses for the heater core that go through the fire wall are about equally warm as it might be the core needs to be back flushed rather than that there is a problem with the blend door?
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston