Chrysler Repair/Chrysler T&C AWD IPM removal

Question
I have managed to rotate the IPM up after unlatching, and I am faced with a myriad of plugs in sockets that I am not sure how to disengage. The IPM removal is part of a troubleshooting process to trace a 2.18 amp current between ground post and battery cable lug, switches off. This has been draining my battery big time. I took every fuse and relay out, and tested current flow, got the same result. So that is why I am trying to isolate the IPM, since the short is not in a fused circuit or in a relay.

Answer
Hi Lee,
I just found your question in the "pool" to which it was referred by Kevin, the other expert.
All the plugs should be a straight pull out of their sockets.
What is the year model of the vehicle? I have the wiring diagrams up to 2010 so maybe I can figure out where this current is coming from/going.
If removing the fuses doesn't cut the current to about25 mA, one item to disconnect is the alternator and see what that does.
Let me know and we'll go from there.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston