Chrysler Repair/cooling fans don't operate: '05 Sebring

I have a 05 Sebring w a 2.7 an the cooling fans aren't turning on when the motor gets to temp an then starts to over flow out of the vent an cap
I checked the fuses an they look good

Hi Chris,
The fuses involved are in the power box in the engine compartment. They are fuse #12 (40 amp) and fuse #23 (20 amp) and those provide power to the low and high speed fan relays. So look carefully at those two fuses as one could have a subtle crack in its wire. The temp gauge is working so presumably the powertrain control module knows that the coolant has reached a high enough temp to initiate fan operation. The relays do that task when initiated by the powertrain control module. Check that the two black wires at the fan module are indeed being grounded nearby on the body at the left headlamp area. You could jump 12v to the other two wires at the module plug to test the fans (dark greem on pin 3 and yellow on pin 4 will turn on one fan or the other).
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).