Chrysler Repair/cooling fans don't operate: '05 Sebring

Question
I have a 05 Sebring w a 2.7 an the cooling fans aren't turning on when the motor gets to temp an then starts to over flow out of the vent an cap
I checked the fuses an they look good

Answer
Hi Chris,
The fuses involved are in the power box in the engine compartment. They are fuse #12 (40 amp) and fuse #23 (20 amp) and those provide power to the low and high speed fan relays. So look carefully at those two fuses as one could have a subtle crack in its wire. The temp gauge is working so presumably the powertrain control module knows that the coolant has reached a high enough temp to initiate fan operation. The relays do that task when initiated by the powertrain control module. Check that the two black wires at the fan module are indeed being grounded nearby on the body at the left headlamp area. You could jump 12v to the other two wires at the module plug to test the fans (dark greem on pin 3 and yellow on pin 4 will turn on one fan or the other).
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston