Chrysler Repair/location crankshaft sensor

Question
my dodge stratus will not start after refueling. I checked the fuel system and it is good. My spark is not strong you can not see it. I would like to find out why.

Answer
Hi Gregory,
You didn't mention the year or the engine size (L) but for the 2.0 and 2.4L it is just above the oil filter and just behind the alternator. Let me know if you have a different engine.
My other suggestion would be to do a fault code readout but that may require a plug-in code reader that goes in the socket under the dash by the steering column. You could try turning the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If not, then do it again and see it the check engine light, which remains 'on', begins to flash, pause, flash, etc.  Tell me the flash counts in order of appearance. Getting the code will help direct you to what part needs to be changed.
Another part that often causes a hard start is when the exhaust gas recirculation valve gets sticky and doesn't close tightly when you slow to an idle or turn off the engine. You can lubricate the stem of that valve with WD-40 and move the stem in and out to correct that problem
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston