Chrysler Repair/'01 300c: won]t start

2001 Chrysler 300M! The car will not start! It is turning over and firing but not starting! Replaced the fuel pump and spark plugs! Checked all fuses! The rail is showing there is gas going  to the motor! Need to know which way to go next!

Hi Stephanie,
Try using the ignition key to get a fault code readout. Turn the key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in an elapsed time of 5 seconds or less. Then watch the odometer window in the instrument cluster to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you find.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).