Chrysler Repair/'02 Sebring coupe 3.0L, no start

Question
QUESTION: My wife's car stopped running and gave me a misfire code. Found oil around the spark plugs. Cleaned around them and it started. Decided to do a tune up and now the car won't start. I am at a loss. ANy ideas?

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
Which Sebring is this? I don't see the 3.0L used in the sedan or the convert in the '06? What items did you adjust/change/etc? No fault codes? I'll give it some thought, but let me know.
Roland

QUESTION: Sorry, typo. It is a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI.

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
Do you have spark? Do you hear the fuel pump run when you first turn the key to the run position? Have you rechecked the items that your tuned up, and what were they? If you have spark, fuel pump, compression, and no fault codes, then I would suggest that you check the egr valve to be sure it isn't gummed up and not closing fully via the internal spring-action.
The valve stem is located between the round vacuum operated top piece and the body of the valve proper, behind a flange that separates the top from the body. The stem has a slot into which you can put the tip of a screwdriver and move it back and forth against the spring which is trying to close it. Spray some WD-40 on the stem where it enters the body of the valve and then move the stem to be sure it is closing tightly to a dead stop. Then see if it will start.
Let me know how it goes.
Roland

QUESTION: I replaced the spark plugs. wires, dist. cap and rotor. I also replaced the valve cover gaskets. Everything seems to be hooked back up and I checked the egr valve, but no luck. I am getting no codes. It just doesn't want to fire.

Answer
Do you hear the fuel pump run when you first turn the key to the run position, for about a second or so? Do you get spark when you put a plug in one of the plug caps and ground its shell to the engine head?
Are you using the ignition key cycling/check engine light flashing to get trouble codes or a code reader, and is there an indication that the codes are being read out (code 55 via the check engine light flashes)?
How about the locations of the spark plug wires in the cap: starting at the rear of the engine and going counter clockwise the order should be 213546? Did you remove the distributor and then put it back in proper alignment of the rotor to the position is was in when your removed it?
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston