Chrysler Repair/'06 300: heater/AC panel not functioning

QUESTION: heater control panel not working, have checked fuses,

ANSWER: What is the year model? Can you describe the situation with the control panel, is it lighting, functioning, or ?

QUESTION: 06, 3.5v6,control panel lights up but does not function.

ANSWER: Hi Stephen,
Look carefully at fuses 14, 40. and 42 to see if there is a crack in the internal wire. Those are the 3 fuses most responsible for function. Let me know, and also tell me whether this is a manual or automatic temperature control panel.

QUESTION: Its automatic. the manual says fuses 41,42 ,and 43 operate panel.

If all the fuses are good, then the next thing to check would be the ground wire that runs from pin 3 of the 22-pin gray plug on the rear of the control to a common ground point where there are many black wires attached to a point on the steering column under the dash very close to the plug for the ignition switch itself.
If that is good then you will need tp try the self-diagnostic capability of the panel using a plug-in fault code reader to access the memory of the control panel.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).