Chrysler Repair/2001 Prowler power distribution center

I own a 2001 prowler. I am trying to get the top of the pdc box off. Any suggestions? Is that where the turn signal flasher is located?

Thank you

Hi Denny,
This is the first question I have received about the Prowler. Unfortunately I have not acquired a service manual for that vehicle so I am completely in the dark about the questions you asked me. I would conjecture about the lid of the power distribution center that it has a couple of snap fasteners on one of the long sides and if you flip those the lid should open. As to the turn signal flasher, I doubt that it is in the power distribution center. Do you recall hearing click inside the cabin? I wonder whether it might be located on back side of the multi-function switch on the steering column. If you removed the column covers (usually there are screws on the underside of the column which hold the top and bottom covers together) you would then be able to check for a small device that plugs into the switch. I am thinking that some of the design/parts of the Prowler may have been adopted into the PT Cruiser which came out around that time frame. It is also possible that the turn signals may not be working because of a blown fuse. If it were like the PT Cruiser then I would look at fuse 19 in the PDC and fuse 15 in fuse box in the cabin.
Please let me know if my ideas 'bear fruit'.
Alert: I notice on eBay that there is an '02 Prowler service manual for sale at $12.99. The auction ends tomorrow evening.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).