Chrysler Repair/2002 jeep liberty: power seat breaker

Question
QUESTION: both of the power seats are not working i have put a direct wire to the switch and both seats work great can you tell me excactly where the fuse or circuit breaker is; thanks john

ANSWER: The closest manual I have is for '06 and in that year the circuit breaker no.1 powers the seats and it is located in the fuse box under the dash.

QUESTION: what does it look like and where is no 1 located under the dash in the fuse box does it have 2 progs or 5 thaks john

ANSWER: It is at the end of the box. There are from left to right 2 5-pin relays, then three 2-pin circuit breakers (1,2 and 3) and finally a small 5 pin relay. One caveat though is that the diagram has labeled the left breaker AND the right breaker both as No. 3, and no number is assigned the middle breaker socket but rather is called 'spare'. But I would believe the No. 1 breaker is the left. That is an error in the drawing for sure. You could try checking for the presence of voltage on either of the two pins of the left breaker and if you find that then put the breaker back in after resetting it and see if the seat works or the breaker opens. If it opens there may be a short in the wire from the breaker to the seat switch.
Also, I noticed that the seat circuit breaker is 25 amp, while the other breaker for the windshield wiper is 20 amp. So look for the 25 amp breaker and that is the one for the seats.

QUESTION: how do you reset it. thanks john

Answer
This circuit breaker may be 'self-resetting', i.e., when the overload that caused it to open is corrected it may reset itself. If you have an ohmmeter see whether it is conducting between the 2 pins when it is removed from the socket, in which case it is indeed self-resetting. But if you then put it back in the socket and it clicks or otherwise doesn't send power to the seat switch then it has immediately broken the circuit again, due to some sort of a short circuit.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston