Chrysler Repair/#8 fuse blows: '04 Sebring

Question
QUESTION: The #8 fuse keeps blowing .... Today it blew while I was driving down the road and totally shut down my car ... Cn you please help ?????

Thank you
Rick

ANSWER: Hi Rick,
You didn't mention which year/model/engine you have but I suspect it is a Cirrus/Status/Breeze with a 2.5L engine because that #8 fuse in the power box does one thing...it powers the fuel pump. So if that is what you have I would suspect the fuse pump is overdrawing the fuse. Let me know for sure, and also is the fuse that blew in the power box or in the cabin fuse box, and I will get right back to you.
Roland

QUESTION: Sorry about that ... It is a 2004  Chryslerr Sebring convertible and the fuse is under the hood ... Not sure how n engine size

Answer
Hi Rick,
Yes that is the fuse for the fuel pump. So likely you will need to replace it soon. The current from the fuse passes through the fuel pump relay points and then to the pump. You might try a 30 amp fuse to get you going until you can replace it.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston