Chrysler Repair/#8 fuse blows: '04 Sebring

QUESTION: The #8 fuse keeps blowing .... Today it blew while I was driving down the road and totally shut down my car ... Cn you please help ?????

Thank you

ANSWER: Hi Rick,
You didn't mention which year/model/engine you have but I suspect it is a Cirrus/Status/Breeze with a 2.5L engine because that #8 fuse in the power box does one powers the fuel pump. So if that is what you have I would suspect the fuse pump is overdrawing the fuse. Let me know for sure, and also is the fuse that blew in the power box or in the cabin fuse box, and I will get right back to you.

QUESTION: Sorry about that ... It is a 2004  Chryslerr Sebring convertible and the fuse is under the hood ... Not sure how n engine size

Hi Rick,
Yes that is the fuse for the fuel pump. So likely you will need to replace it soon. The current from the fuse passes through the fuel pump relay points and then to the pump. You might try a 30 amp fuse to get you going until you can replace it.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).