Chrysler Repair/'93 Overhead message center: install as after-market?

Can I swap a 93 Chrysler Fifth Ave overhead message center to another 93 Fifth Ave that was not originally equipped with an overhead message center?

Hi Gary,
I do have the '93 wiring diagram manual which shows the wiring for the visual message center, but it is also the case that there is a different body computer depending upon with or without message center, and with or without electronic instrument cluster. On that basis I think you would also need to change out the body computer and even then I am not certain there couldn't be some other subtle differences in the wiring that connects to three modules. So I would doubt you can pull this off without a lot of hassle.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).