Chrysler Repair/'97 Concorde 3.5L will not start.

Roland, sorry I messed up on the normal reply. I checked for spark and basically have none. I checked all 6 spark plugs and I have 1 spark on cylinders 2 and 5, then it stops. No spark on any of the other 4 cylinders.  Could it be the coil pack being a problem or does the PCM see that it is out of time (from my water pump replacement) and shuts the spark off after the first spark? (I did have voltage at the wire at the coil pack while cranking)

Hi Ken,
That is a bit contradictory because usually if there is a loss of crank/cam signal that causes the dark green/orange wire (and the fuel pump too) to be cut off as a fire safety precaution.
So I would encourage you to check out the timing mark issue as it may be there are signals enough to keep the pcm from shutting off the voltage to the coil but not good enough to produce a reliable spark at all the spark plugs when needed. I will await your results, and keep checking for fault codes.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).