Chrysler Repair/alarm deactivation: '98 Sebring

How can i deactivate or reset my alarm on 98 sebring

Hi Ben,
The alarm system on a '98 Sebring is so engrained in the body computer that it cannot be deactivated(disconnected). What you can do is avoid activating by never using the remote key fob, the power door locks, or the door key to secure the vehicle when you leave it. Rather what you do is use the mechanical push-button door locks as you exit the car and then close the door. It will be locked up but the alarm will not be activated that way.
The way to now disarm the alarm is to try unlocking the front door using the door key, try it first on the driver side and then on the passenger side door until the alarm set light goes off. If the wires from those locks are disconnected by wear then it is possible to go to the body computer and use a jump wire to momentarily apply 12v to one of the pins at a plug of the body computer which simulates what the door key locks do when use the door key to open the doors.
Let me know if you have further questions, and also mention which style of body your Sebring is.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).