Chrysler Repair/alarm deactivation: '98 Sebring

Question
How can i deactivate or reset my alarm on 98 sebring

Answer
Hi Ben,
The alarm system on a '98 Sebring is so engrained in the body computer that it cannot be deactivated(disconnected). What you can do is avoid activating by never using the remote key fob, the power door locks, or the door key to secure the vehicle when you leave it. Rather what you do is use the mechanical push-button door locks as you exit the car and then close the door. It will be locked up but the alarm will not be activated that way.
The way to now disarm the alarm is to try unlocking the front door using the door key, try it first on the driver side and then on the passenger side door until the alarm set light goes off. If the wires from those locks are disconnected by wear then it is possible to go to the body computer and use a jump wire to momentarily apply 12v to one of the pins at a plug of the body computer which simulates what the door key locks do when use the door key to open the doors.
Let me know if you have further questions, and also mention which style of body your Sebring is.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston