Chrysler Repair/LX 300 '06 starter remove/install

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300, 2.7 liter. This morning when we tried to start the engine all we got was a clicking noise coming from the starter. I am assuming it is the starter. What is the easiest way to replace it? Any tricks to access the three bolts? I have my car jacked up at this point with one of the bolts out but the other two are becoming problematic.

Hi Jeff,
Well, that is an interesting question. I checked my LX body (300 model) manual on a CD and was surprised to see how complex this task is. You have to remove a segment of the steering shaft and also do some wiggling but it should be easy with these instructions. The best way to share it with you is for me to copy the pages and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. Just tell me your email address but don't use the "@" symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
Are you sure the battery is charged up, and not past its warranty? That would be a much easier fix if that were the case?
Try a jumper cable if you can get to it with another vehicle.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).