Chrysler Repair/LX 300 '06 starter remove/install

Question
Roland,
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300, 2.7 liter. This morning when we tried to start the engine all we got was a clicking noise coming from the starter. I am assuming it is the starter. What is the easiest way to replace it? Any tricks to access the three bolts? I have my car jacked up at this point with one of the bolts out but the other two are becoming problematic.
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Jeff,
Well, that is an interesting question. I checked my LX body (300 model) manual on a CD and was surprised to see how complex this task is. You have to remove a segment of the steering shaft and also do some wiggling but it should be easy with these instructions. The best way to share it with you is for me to copy the pages and attach them to an email I will send to you directly. Just tell me your email address but don't use the "@" symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
Are you sure the battery is charged up, and not past its warranty? That would be a much easier fix if that were the case?
Try a jumper cable if you can get to it with another vehicle.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston