Chrysler Repair/overheating causes

Question
I have a 2001 Chrysler voyager 3.3L flex fuel it started overheating so i did the basics, fluid, radiator cap, cooling fan and all are good. I'm not sure where to check next. Can you help?

Answer
Hi Jeff,
The thermostat may be sticking in the closed position. It is located on the top of the engine and has a radiator hose attached to its housing cover, located near the oil filler cap. You can drain off some of the coolant, then you could remove it and try putting it into boiling water to see its response or simply replace it. In either case you would want to use a new gasket, dampened with weter, but be sure the thermostat is seated properly in the housing. Torque the housing cover bolts to 20 foot-pounds (similar to that of a spark plug).
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston