Chrysler Repair/overheating causes

I have a 2001 Chrysler voyager 3.3L flex fuel it started overheating so i did the basics, fluid, radiator cap, cooling fan and all are good. I'm not sure where to check next. Can you help?

Hi Jeff,
The thermostat may be sticking in the closed position. It is located on the top of the engine and has a radiator hose attached to its housing cover, located near the oil filler cap. You can drain off some of the coolant, then you could remove it and try putting it into boiling water to see its response or simply replace it. In either case you would want to use a new gasket, dampened with weter, but be sure the thermostat is seated properly in the housing. Torque the housing cover bolts to 20 foot-pounds (similar to that of a spark plug).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).