Chrysler Repair/PCM 2003 pt cruiser

Question
can a blown motor caused from overheating effect the pcm in any way? new motor has been fitted but wont start due to there being no injector pulse (we think).

Answer
Hi Jeff,
I doubt that history would damage the PCM.
Try for a fault code readout using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading changes to show a 4-digit fault code number precedes by a P. Of it may show 'done' or 1684 and done which means there are no fault codes in the PCM memory and the no start will have to be further investigated. Let me know if you do get a fault code and we'll go from there.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston