Chrysler Repair/1998 mercury grand marquis

Hey Roland, i have a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis and I'm trying to figure out why it wont crank...I install a new fuel pump and a crank shaft sensor but i still can't get crank...Its turning over put its not cranking.

I am not familiar with the details of Ford engine wiring. I wonder if there is a way to get a fault code readout using the ignition key, or there is a socket under the dash where you can plug in a fault code reader to try and get a valid fault code. It might be that the other engine rotational position sensor (on the camshaft) is the problem, but I wouldn't replace it or anything else until I got a fault code to work with. Check at a Ford/Mercury repair site for how to get a fault code via the ignition switch or ask a dealer how.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).