Chrysler Repair/2001 lhs

My interior lights do not shut off when i am driving or when i remove the key and it keeps killing my battery any ideas what it could be.I just bought this car and am not use to it yet

Hi Jim,
The interior lights are activated two ways: by opening any of the doors, and by means of the headlamp switch (usually rotating the knob that controls the brightness of the instrument cluster).
Try pushing inward on each of the four doors to see whether that causes the lights to go off. Usually a door latch that is too loose can result in the push-button switch in the door frame not being pressed in far enough if that is the cause. You can correct that by moving the door latch striker located in the door frame in-board a fraction of an inch so that the door is secured more tightly in the frame.
If that doesn't work the try the variable cluster brightness control on the headlamp switch.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).