Chrysler Repair/2001 lhs

Question
My interior lights do not shut off when i am driving or when i remove the key and it keeps killing my battery any ideas what it could be.I just bought this car and am not use to it yet

Answer
Hi Jim,
The interior lights are activated two ways: by opening any of the doors, and by means of the headlamp switch (usually rotating the knob that controls the brightness of the instrument cluster).
Try pushing inward on each of the four doors to see whether that causes the lights to go off. Usually a door latch that is too loose can result in the push-button switch in the door frame not being pressed in far enough if that is the cause. You can correct that by moving the door latch striker located in the door frame in-board a fraction of an inch so that the door is secured more tightly in the frame.
If that doesn't work the try the variable cluster brightness control on the headlamp switch.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston