Chrysler Repair/'97 3.5L Won't Start

Hi Roland.  It's two 40-pin connectors to the PCM.  I'll see if I can test the pulses from camshaft position sensor with a meter, turning the engine by hand.

The EGR is not too accessible. Perhaps I should remove it for a closer inspection.

I failed to confirm, yes, it's an LH.  Intrepid.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for confirming that the pcm plugs had changed for the '97. You might also want to check that the cranksensor output is similarly  oscillating: 4 times quickly in a row, three times, in single rotation of the crankshaft. I can't think of any other reason why you wouldn't get spark on 1/4. On the egr, if you can see the slot on the sensor stem just try and probe the action to see that it isn't stuck slightly ajar. Are you sure about the 1/4 primary winding of the spark coil reading 0.45-0.65 ohms and not 0 ohms?
The engine is non-interference so belt slip is not a risk.
Thanks for doing another rating/nomination of me.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).