Chrysler Repair/99 LHS-COOLING FANS & TRASMISSION

Question
THE RADIATOR FANS  DO NOT RUN-ALL- FUSES HIGH & LOW HAVE BEEN REPLACED,ALSO,AFTER THAT TESTED POWER CABLE TO THEM & NO JUICE.
ON OR ABOUT THE SAME DAY THE TRANS COULD NOT SHIFT OUT OF LOW & THE SPEEDOMETER QUIT WORKING AND THE LIGHTS IN THE DASH MONITORING THE TRANS WERE ALL LITE UP. NOW I HAVE HAD THE TRANS REPLACED/REBUILT BUT THE FANS STILL DON'T WORK.THE TRANS REPAIR SHOP  SAID I SHOULD REPLACE THE HARMONIC BALANCER AND FIX THE FANS. HELP!!!!!!

Answer
Hi Paul,
There are two relays that operate the fans, located in the power box in the engine compartment. In the box check out fuse B and fuse E. The power to close the relays comes from the ignition switch via fuse 21 in the box behind the left end cap of the dash, so check out that fuse as well. If you have power to the inboard pins of both those relay sockets when the key is in the "run" position then the powertrain control module should activate the fan relays as needed. If it is not, then the temp sensor or its wiring are faulty so the module doesn't know that the fans are needed. So check out the fuses and power to the relay pin sockets and let me know what you find. Do you have an ohmmeter so you can check out the coolant temp sensor?
I assume that the transmission is now fixed, correct?
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston