Chrysler Repair/Chrysler Mini-Van

Question
I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country. It's in LIMP Mode and I was told that it was probably my Shift solenoid. I took it to Autozone and they ran the codes and 3 came up.
First Code: P1698
Definition ECM fault- No CCD message from TCM.
Second Code: P1491
Definition ECM probable defective.
Third Code: P0500
Definition ECM had detected a fault in the Vehicle speed sensor.

My Mechanic friend says that my ECM is most likely the cause of it being in Limp mode and not wanting to shift. But I don't want to spend the $225 to get a new ECM. Could you explain?

Answer
1698 Loss of commutation with trans computer  
500  no tans speed signal

1491 is radiator fan relay circuit

ECM no  TCM maybe   I would first put a set of speed sensors in though 25 bucks each  or check the wires going to the speed sensors  because they have been know to have issues at the connector.

Chrysler Repair

Kevin