Chrysler Repair/Eclipse won't start

I have an 01 eclipse spyder 3.0 motor.During the cold weather my car wouldnt start. I brought it in to a Hyndi dealer and they replaced the plugs and wires. when i picked it up they said i had low spark and suggested a distributor assembly. It seemed to run fine but when i drove thru town it misfired a bit. no engine light or codes.2 days after i got it back it wont start again. Any ideas? crankshaft sensor or what?

Hi Terry,
I don't have manuals for the Eclipse, but if the 3.0L engine is a Mitsubishi that was used by Chrysler for a number of years, then because you don't have any fault codes I would not replace any sensors.
Instead look for small diameter pipe that branches off of the exhaust manifold (the manifold that is just behind the radiator). That pipe goes toward the rear of the car (running by the oil filler cap) and it ends at the exhaust gas recirculation valve. That valve can get gummed up and fail to close tightly which it has to do for the engine to start properly and also the engine will miss when you decelerate if it is ajar. It has a round top with a vacuum hose attached to it, and the body of the valve is attached to that small diameter pipe coming from the exhaust manifold. Between those two parts is a flanged area which conceals the stem of the valve. That stem is a round rod with a slot into which you can put the tip of a screwdriver in order to move the stem back and forth. It should normally move freely and close tightly with the aid of a built-in spring. Verify that it is moving and closing tightly to a dead stop. If there is any gum or stickiness in the action of the valve then spray some WD-40 on the stem of the valve where it enters the body of the valve and then move the stem some more to free up its 'action'.
Then see if the engine will start properly and slow down without missing. This egr valve is a suspect when you can't start the engine but you have no fault codes.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).