Chrysler Repair/po736 and po500

Question
van codes out po736 and po500. van will go into reverse and neutral find. checked fluids to find low and filled. Still will not go into drive. seems like it is in limp mode. Possible output speed sensor. Please help.

Answer
Hi Cindy,
The 0500 certainly suggests the output speed sensor or its wiring is faulty. The 0736 code is about a discrepancy between the ratio of input and output speed sensors in reverse gear, but that of course would be true if the output sensor was not working and because you haven't been able to go in any forward gears (so no other fault ratios for those gears, yet). I would buy the output sensor and install it and then see how it runs, and whether new codes appear. Disconnect the battery briefly to erase the present codes after you replace the sensor.
What is the year and model of the van?
Please read the PS below and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston