Chrysler Repair/Shifter Cable

I am attempting to remove and replace the shifter cable in my 2000 Chrysler Concorde.  It is an automatic on the console.  Disconnecting the cable ends was easy enough but I can't figure out how to free the cable from the bracket or whatever is securing it to the transmission body.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Paul,
I have the '04 manual on a CD from which I can copy pages and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. Let me know your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", or the address will be erased. The pages show the complete process and also adjustments.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).