Chrysler Repair/'06 T & C power doors

I have a 2006 T & C Limited with power sliding doors. The doors operate ok using the pillar switches and the oh console switches but will not open or close when using the door handles. Have checked wiring and seems to be good. Could it be a relay or is it the door switch.

Hi Bob,
I am not personally familiar with the power door opening/closing actuation choices. However I see that there is a provision to inhibit the opening/closing of the sliding doors by a "child" presumably sitting in the rear of the van. Might it be that this choice has been requested without your being aware of it?
Check the owner's manual for a description of how this feature works. Let me know if that is not the cause. There is also self-diagnostic capability via a plug-in code reader which could be the approach to identifying the cause of the problem.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).