Chrysler Repair/1999 Chrysler 300m: intake manifold hoses

I replaced the head cylinder on my 1999 Chrysler 300m.I used a new basket on the head and used the old gaskets for the upper and lower intake.looked as if everything went back together good although there was a questionable place on the intake gasket I used a hightemp gasket maker on it.I crunk car and it idles real high almost 4000 rpms when it should be around 2500 I beleave.I have a vacume hose I can't locate where it goes also admissions control runner I believe it's called would that possibly be making high idle? Some one said it might be that used gasket sucking air...? I'm ready to put new basket now just didn't have money for them at time thank you for any help may first head replacement

Hi Benjy,
I assume this is a 3.2 or 3.5L engine. The vacuum lines that are connected to the intake manifold are for the secondary runner valve, the speed control reservoir, and the pcv valve.
There should be diagram on the underside of the hood that shows those lines and any others as well. Do you know where the other end of the hose is connected to?
The high idle is probably due to a leak of air into the intake manifold which is automatically compensated for by the engine control system. So once we find the place to attach the hose to you will be back to normal idle speed.
Please read the PS below and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).