Chrysler Repair/3.0L coolant inlet tube replacement

Question
Have 3.0L engine and leeking coolant from front and rear of engine. Was going to replace o rings and water pump, wanted to know if I should replace water tube as well and how to replace tube without removing top of engine. Thanks.

Brian

Answer
Hi Brian,
I believe that the inlet tube (water pipe) can be removed without taking off the top of the engine. There is a small by-pass outlet at the very front end of the pipe from which you will want to disconnect the hose. But otherwise if you remove the rear extension pipe and the bracket that holds the inlet pipe to the rear of the cylinder block then the pipe and o-ring should come out to the rear, particularly if you are also going to replace the water pump and the O-rings. I would inspect that pipe for whether it needs replacement.  
Roland
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston