Chrysler Repair/3.0L coolant inlet tube replacement

Have 3.0L engine and leeking coolant from front and rear of engine. Was going to replace o rings and water pump, wanted to know if I should replace water tube as well and how to replace tube without removing top of engine. Thanks.

Hi Brian,
I believe that the inlet tube (water pipe) can be removed without taking off the top of the engine. There is a small by-pass outlet at the very front end of the pipe from which you will want to disconnect the hose. But otherwise if you remove the rear extension pipe and the bracket that holds the inlet pipe to the rear of the cylinder block then the pipe and o-ring should come out to the rear, particularly if you are also going to replace the water pump and the O-rings. I would inspect that pipe for whether it needs replacement.  
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).