Chrysler Repair/'96 LH-body theft alarm won't disarm

QUESTION: i have tried the locks didnt work. i tried to ground out the passenger side but cant find the wire. saw somewhere a video of a harness but cant find it again. i have been told if the light on the dash stops flashing it will start

ANSWER: Here is what you have to do to cancel the alarm. Find the body control module which is located behind the cloth on the panel next to the passenger's right leg. You may have to cut the cloth to get to it, so feel for it before cutting. It has three plugs on the top. Find the black plug and notice that there are numbers marking each of the wires where they enter the plug. Find the light green/orange wire at pin 3. Take a jumper wire and touch one end of that wire to the pin 3 wire's socket and the other end of that jumper wire to pin 21 socket of the bone-colored plug (which is a grounded wire) or you could touch the jump wire to any piece of chassis metal under the dash near by to the bcm. That way you are mimicking what the door lock/unlock does and thus that should disarm the alarm system.
Once you have done that, you can avoid the problem by never setting the alarm again. Don't use the power door locks to secure the doors or the remote control if you have one as that will set the alarm again. Just use the mechanical push buttons on the doors to secure the vehicle.
Other than that you can go to the hinge area of the driver door and find the light green/orange wire and repair it, because that is where it has likely broken. You are correct: you have to get the light on the dash turned off by what I described for you to do.
Please look for the thank/rate button below and rate me and say 'yes' to a nomination of me.

QUESTION: i am unable to locate the module. is the cloth you mention the carpet on the floor? i have black plastic under that. i guess i dont understand where by the passenger right leg

Hi Amber,
No, I mean the vertical panel that is in front of the door opening, it is called the kick panel. You will find there to be a module hidden under the cloth covering of that penal.
Here are the details to finding the bcm: remove the right end cover of the dash.
Remove the right side cowl kick trim panels (2): remove the 4 screws from each panel, remove 2 x 10 mm bolts behind each kick panel (center bolt can be left in place) This should expose the dash liner. Cut the dash liner along the perforated lines and pull back the dash liner. Then you should see the bcm.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).